Cloverleaf Advocacy offers the following services in York:
York House (BIRT)
We offer a general advocacy service to all patients at The Retreat. All patients are eligible - regardless of whether they are detained under a section or not. Referrals are received from patients directly, hospital staff, family and friends, and legal representatives to name a few. The advocacy we offer includes:
- Understanding rights under Mental Health Act
- Understanding treatment options
- Appealing against detention
- Changes of placement/accommodation
- Support to self-represent or representation at meetings
- Support planning for meetings
- Support to resolve problems or make a complaint
A service is offered Monday to Friday from 9am - 5pm. You can call us on 01924 454875 to find out more
Relevant Persons Representative
We are able to provide paid Relevant Person's Representative services for individuals who are placed in the York area by other local authorities. Referrals need to be made to Cloverleaf by the local authority who is acting as the Supervisory Body and will be charged at an hourly rate. Please contact us for more information or to make a referral on 01924 454875.
Make a referral - please note if you are making a referral for someone else, you will need to get their consent before doing so.
Our easy read referral form is here