We are seeking a Statutory Advocate (IMCA/IMHA/RPR)
Cloverleaf Advocacy is a highly successful charity providing independent advocacy to vulnerable adults, across the Tameside, Yorkshire and Humberside area. This is an exciting opportunity for a Statutory Advocate to join our team working in the North East Lincolnshire area on a permanent full-time basis for 37.5 hours per week.
The Service Manager wants to appoint an organised and motivated professional who is able to provide a person centred approach to those vulnerable adults affected by the Mental Capacity Act 2005, its Regulations and Codes of Practice, the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) and to those qualifying patients as defined by the Mental Health Act 2007.
The key functions of the IMCA/IMHA/RPR role will include:
- Supporting individuals to speak for themselves, or to provide representation where this is not possible.
- Supporting people to access and understand information in order to make decisions.
- Providing advocacy as defined in legal frameworks of the Mental Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and the Mental Health Act.
- Obtaining and evaluating information.
- Ascertaining the person’s wishes and feelings, as far as possible, and any values or beliefs likely to influence the decision if the person had capacity.
- Ascertaining alternative courses of action, for example, looking at medical treatment decisions, different types of care arrangements or different accommodation.
- Obtaining a further medical opinion, if necessary.
- Challenging the decision maker, where appropriate.
- Maintaining regular contact with and ensuring the understanding of those deprived of their liberty under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- Acting in the best interests of the person you represent, writing regular reports.
- Contributing to the general running and development of Cloverleaf Advocacy.
Closing date for applications is: 19th November 2018 at 9.00 am
Interviews will be held on: 22nd November 2018 in Dewsbury, Head office
Please note: Candidates not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing should consider their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. ** Strictly, no agencies **