We are seeking a Statutory Advocate (IMCA and Care Act Advocate) to provide advocacy services mainly in the Scarborough area
Our employees believe we have an ‘exceptional people focussed culture’ and that we are ‘a great place to work!’- if you like the sound of this, read on!
Location: Homebased to provide advocacy mainly in the Scarborough area although the role will require flexible working across the North Yorkshire area.
Salary: £21,715 pre-qualification - £22,220 post-qualification (pro rata)
Hours: 16 hours per week
Cloverleaf Advocacy is a highly successful charity providing independent advocacy to vulnerable adults, across the Yorkshire and Humberside area and has an exciting opportunity for a Statutory Advocate with a focus on IMCA and Care Act working 16 hours per week.
The Service Manager wants to appoint a person who is organised and motivated, client focused and who is a truly superb advocate. The role will be a perfect match for an individual who resides within the Scarborough area or York. A professional, customer focused attitude is essential to be successful in this role. This post will involve statutory advocacy services (IMCA, RPR and Care Act Advocacy) to the public. There may also be opportunities to provide non-statutory community advocacy services.
The key functions of the advocacy roles will include:
- Supporting individuals to speak for themselves, or to provide representation where this is not possible.
- Supporting people to access and understand information in order to make decisions.
- Providing advocacy as defined in legal frameworks of the Mental Capacity Act and the Care Act.
- Writing person-centred reports
These roles will include working with people with learning disabilities, people with mental health needs, people with physical and sensory impairment, people with dementia, carers older people and people who lack capacity to make certain decisions.
This is a permanent post, subject to a 6-month probationary period and annual performance review. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory DBS check, two satisfactory references and evidence of a right to work in the UK.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- A minimum of 28 days annual leave, plus 8 statutory/bank holiday, Birthday Leave and Wellbeing Day
- Perkbox, Healthcare, Eyecare Vouchers, Mindful Employer membership and much more!
- Excellent career development opportunities and much more!
How do I apply?
If this role interests you, please go to our website to download an application pack at:
Closing date for applications is: 31st January 2020 (may close early once sufficient applications received)
Interviews will be held on: ASAP
Please note: Candidates not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing should consider their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
** Strictly, no agencies **