Statutory Advocate (IMCA and Care Act Advocate) £21,715 pre-qualification - £22,220 qualified (pro rata)
Hull & East Riding of Yorkshire- 18.75 - 37.5 hours per week
We are seeking a Statutory Advocate (IMCA and Care Act Advocate)
Cloverleaf Advocacy is a highly successful charity providing independent advocacy to vulnerable adults, across the Yorkshire and Humberside area and has an exciting opportunity for a Statutory Advocate with a focus on IMCA and Care Act working 18.75 - 37.5 hours per week.
The Service Manager wants to appoint a person who is organised and motivated, client focused and who is a truly superb advocate. The role will be a perfect match for an individual who resides very close to Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire. This post provides statutory advocacy services to people who lack capacity as described in the Mental Capacity Act 2005, its Regulations and Codes of Practice.
The role will include working with people with learning disabilities, people with mental health needs, people with physical and sensory impairment, people with dementia, older people and people who lack capacity to make certain decisions
The key functions of the Statutory Advocate include:
- Supporting individuals to speak for themselves, or to provide representation where this is not possible.
- Supporting people to access and understand information in order to make decisions.
- Providing advocacy as defined in legal frameworks of the Mental Capacity Act and the Care Act.
- Ascertaining the person’s wishes and feelings, as far as possible, and any values or beliefs likely to influence the decision if the person had capacity.
- Ascertaining alternative courses of action, for example, looking at medical treatment decisions, different types of care arrangements or different accommodation.
- Writing person-centred reports
This is a permanent post, subject to a 6-month probationary period and annual performance review. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory DBS check, two satisfactory references and evidence of a right to work in the UK.
How do I apply?
If this role interests you, please go to our website to download an application pack at:
Closing date for applications is: 24th January 2020 at 9 am
Interviews will be held on: 30th January 2020
Please note: Candidates not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing should consider their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
** Strictly, no agencies **