Our employees believe we have an ‘exceptional people focussed culture’ and that we are ‘a great place to work!’- if you like the sound of this, read on!
We are seeking a Statutory Advocate (IMCA and Care Act Advocate)
Location: Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire, Hessle Office
Salary: £21,715 pre-qualification - £22,220 qualified (pro rata)
Cloverleaf Advocacy is a highly successful charity providing independent advocacy to vulnerable adults, across the Yorkshire and Humberside area and has an exciting opportunity for a Statutory Advocate with a focus on IMCA and Care Act working up to 37.5 hours per week. A job share arrangement may be considered.
The Service Manager wants to appoint a person who is organised and motivated, client focused and who is a truly superb advocate. The role will be a perfect match for an individual who resides very close to Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire. This post provides statutory advocacy services to people who lack capacity as described in the Mental Capacity Act 2005, its Regulations and Codes of Practice.
The role will include working with people with learning disabilities, people with mental health needs, people with physical and sensory impairment, people with dementia, older people and people who lack capacity to make certain decisions
The key functions of the Statutory Advocate include:
- Supporting individuals to speak for themselves, or to provide representation where this is not possible.
- Supporting people to access and understand information in order to make decisions.
- Providing advocacy as defined in legal frameworks of the Mental Capacity Act and the Care Act.
- Ascertaining the person’s wishes and feelings, as far as possible, and any values or beliefs likely to influence the decision if the person had capacity.
- Ascertaining alternative courses of action, for example, looking at medical treatment decisions, different types of care arrangements or different accommodation.
- Writing person-centred reports
This is a permanent post, subject to a 6-month probationary period and annual performance review. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory DBS check, two satisfactory references and evidence of a right to work in the UK.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and Home Workers' Allowance where applicable
- Contributory pension scheme
- A minimum of 28 days annual leave, plus 8 statutory/bank holiday, Birthday Leave and Wellbeing Day
- Healthcare and Mindful Employer membership
- Excellent career development opportunities and much more!
How do I apply?
If this role interests you, please go to our website to download an application pack at:
Closing date for applications is: Monday, 25th November 2019 at 9 am
Interviews will be held on: ASAP
Please note: Candidates not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing should consider their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. ** Strictly, no agencies **