We have an amazing opportunity for a Relevant Person's Representative (RPR) to join our team!
Cloverleaf Advocacy is a highly successful charity providing independent advocacy to vulnerable adults, across the Yorkshire and Humberside area. We have an exciting opportunity for a Relevant Person's Representative (RPR) to join our team working on a part time and permanent basis on the Total Advocacy contract in North Yorkshire.
As our new Relevant Person's Representative (RPR) you will need to be a person-centred, motivated individual who has experience of working with people with dementia, a learning disability or other complex needs in order to fulfil the paid Relevant Person's Representative (RPR) role under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS).
The role involves supporting clients living in care settings and will be a perfect match to an individual who prefers to work from home, based or residing very close to Harrogate with access to a vehicle.
The key tasks of this role will include:
To provide a DOLS RPR Service as described in the Mental Capacity Act 2005 (MCA), its Regulations and Code of Practice.
The key functions of the DOLS RPR include:
- Helping the client to understand the DOLS authorisation.
- Acting in the best interests of the person you represent according to the ‘best interest’ principle of the MCA.
- Maintaining regular contact with the person deprived of their liberty.
- Requesting reviews if appropriate.
- Challenging authorisations on behalf of clients where appropriate including supporting clients to take their case to the Court of Protection.
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant case law and any changes in legislation
- Maintaining accurate case records and writing clear reports using a laptop.
Hours: 16 hours per week
Accountable to: Service Manager
Pay: £19,190 p.a. fte
Other: Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) enhanced with barred list check. Two satisfactory references and evidence must be provided of a right to work in the United Kingdom.
If this role interests you, please go to our website to download an application pack at https://www.cloverleaf-advocacy.co.uk/jobs
Applications Forms must be returned by: 9 am on Monday 28th January 2019
Interviews will be held on: 7th February 2019