We are seeking an Outstanding Advocate (IMCA/CA)
Cloverleaf Advocacy is a highly successful charity providing independent advocacy to vulnerable adults, across the Tameside, Yorkshire and Humberside area. This is an exciting opportunity for an Advocate to join our team working in the North East Lincolnshire area on a temporary, up to full-time basis.
The Service Manager wants to appoint an organised and motivated professional who is able to provide a person centred approach to those vulnerable adults affected by the Mental Capacity Act 2005, its Regulations and Codes of Practice, the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) and to those qualifying patients as defined by the Mental Health Act 2007.
Some of the key functions of the IMCA/CA role will include:
- Representing the person who lacks capacity to make the decision covered in the Act and subsequent regulations.
- Providing advocacy as defined in legal frameworks of the Mental Capacity Act and the Care Act.
- Obtaining and evaluating information.
- Ascertaining the person’s wishes and feelings, as far as possible, and any values or beliefs likely to influence the decision if the person had capacity.
- Ascertaining alternative courses of action, for example, looking at medical treatment decisions, different types of care arrangements or different accommodation.
- Challenging the decision maker, where appropriate
- Contributing to the general running and development of Cloverleaf Advocacy.
Post: Advocate (IMCA/ CA)
Hours: Up to 37.5 per week
Location: North East Lincolnshire, although the role will require flexible working.
Accountable to: Service Manager
Pay: £21,715 p.a. pro rata pre-qualification - £22,220 p.a. pro rata fully qualified
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) enhanced with barred list check, two satisfactory references and evidence of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Home Workers' Allowance where applicable
- Contributory pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave, plus 8 statutory/bank holiday
- Birthday Leave and Wellbeing day
- Excellent career development opportunities
To apply for this post you will need to complete a Cloverleaf Advocacy Application Form, including any supporting information.
Closing date for applications is: 1st February 2019 at 9am
Interviews will be held on: ASAP