Our employees believe we have an ‘exceptional people focussed culture’ and that we are ‘a great place to work!’- if you like the sound of this, read on!
We’re currently looking for a Carers Breaks Worker (Mental Health) to join our fabulous Carers Count Team based in Dewsbury
If you’ve done your research you will already know that Cloverleaf Advocacy is a highly successful charity providing independent advocacy to vulnerable adults, across the Yorkshire and Humberside area. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Carers Breaks Worker to join a talented and highly motivated team, based at Dewsbury. You will work on a part time basis for 18.75-22 hours per week on a permanent basis.
Carers Count (Mental Health) service in Kirklees provides emotional and practical support to unpaid carers who are supporting a loved one with a mental health need or drug/alcohol dependency. The purpose of this post is to provide carers with a regular break (usually 2-4 hours or longer by arrangement) by providing practical, person-centred support to the person they care for.
The role will include supporting people with mental health needs on a regular basis to participate in activities chosen by them. This may be on a one-to-one or group basis.
Some of the Key Tasks:
- To provide a regular carer break by supporting their loved one while the carer takes some time for themselves.
- To support people with mental health needs to actively participate in community-based activities as chosen by them.
- Provide a person-centred service to individuals receiving support.
- To undertake individual risk assessments alongside the service manager with the people you are supporting.
- To support groups run by Carers Count (including groups for carers and their loved ones)
- To ensure that accurate notes and records are kept of support sessions
Post: Carers Breaks Worker
Hours: 18.75 - 22 hours per week (flexible as occasional evening work may be required)
Accountable to: Carers Count Service Manager (Mental Health)
Pay: £17,775 p.a. FTE (pro rata due to part time hours of this post)
Benefits: 28 days basic leave, 8 bank holidays, plus other extra benefits including birthday leave (pro rata for part time hours) and access to outstanding training opportunities!
Other: Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Two satisfactory references and evidence of a right to work in the United Kingdom.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and Home Workers' Allowance where applicable
- Contributory pension scheme
- A minimum of 28 days annual leave, plus 8 statutory/bank holiday, Birthday Leave & Wellbeing Day
- Healthcare, Mindful Employer and Perkbox membership
- Excellent career development opportunities and much more!
How do I apply?
If this role interests you, please obtain an application form and job details by going to our website at: https://www.cloverleaf-advocacy.co.uk/jobs.
Closing date for applications is: 22nd November 2019 at 9 am
Interviews will be held on: ASAP
Please note: Candidates not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing should consider their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. ** Strictly, no agencies **