Our employees believe we have an ‘exceptional people focussed culture’ and that we are ‘a great place to work!’
We are seeking a truly amazing Advocate (Care Act and Generic) to join our North Yorkshire Team – If this is you, read on!
Location: Homebased to provide advocacy mainly in the Harrogate and Selby districts although the role will require flexible working across the North Yorkshire area
Salary: £21,715 pre-qualification - £22,220 post-qualification (FTE, will be pro rata
Hours: 16 hours per week
Cloverleaf Advocacy is a highly successful charity providing independent advocacy to vulnerable adults, across the Yorkshire and Humberside area and has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Advocate with a focus on Care Act and Generic advocacy.
The Service Manager wants to appoint a superb professional who is very organised, motivated and client focused. The role will be a perfect match for an individual who resides within the Harrogate, York or Selby areas. A professional, customer focused attitude is essential to be successful in this role. This post will involve statutory and non-statutory advocacy services (Care Act and Generic advocacy) to the public.
The key functions of the advocacy roles will include
- Supporting individuals to speak for themselves, or to provide representation where this is not possible.
- Supporting people to access and understand information in order to make decisions.
- Providing advocacy as defined in legal frameworks of the Care Act and Mental Capacity Act.
- Supporting clients raise concerns and challenge decisions when necessary.
These roles will include working with people with learning disabilities, people with mental health needs, people with physical and sensory impairment, people with dementia, carers older people and people who lack capacity to make certain decisions.
This is a permanent post, subject to a 6-month probationary period and annual performance review.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory DBS check, two satisfactory references and evidence of a right to work in the UK.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- A minimum of 28 days annual leave, plus 8 statutory/bank holiday, Birthday Leave and Wellbeing Day!
- Perkbox, Healthcare, Eyecare Vouchers, Mindful Employer membership and much more!
- Excellent career development opportunities and much more!
How do I apply?
If this role interests you, please click on the link below for an application pack.
Return your application to our People and Wellbeing Team either by emailing Recruitment@cloverleaf-advocacy.co.uk or post at the address shown on the application pack.
Closing date for applications is: Tuesday 10th March 2020 (may close early once sufficient applications received)
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 18th March 2020 in York
Please note: Candidates not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing should consider their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. ** Strictly, no agencies **