The Learning Disability Awareness course aims to build on your understanding of what it means to have a learning disability and how you can support individuals with a learning disability.
The course is suitable for staff working in a variety of settings. It will be useful whether you are employed in a health or social care, a community or an education setting or whether you work in a paid or voluntary role.
Cloverleaf Connect offers a one day face to face course with an experienced Learning Disabilities Practitioner. The course will suggest lots of ideas about how you can help to support people with learning disabilities.
The course covers:
- legislation and policies
- an awareness of the nature and characteristics of learning disabilities
- the historical context of learning disability
- basic principles and practice of advocacy, empowerment and active participation
- how views and attitudes impact on people with a learning disability and their families
- how to promote communication with individuals with a learning disability
Non-accredited course is just £95 per person (completion certificate supplied)
If you are interested in the City & Guilds accredited unit please email: Admin@cloverleaf-connect.co.uk
City & Guilds accredited unit Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities £120