Awareness of DoLS
The Mental Capacity Act allows restraint and restrictions to be used – but only if they are in a person's best interests. Extra safeguards are needed if the restrictions and restraint used will deprive a person of their liberty. These are called the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. This training course aimed at increasing knowledge of frontline professionals of DoLS.
The course will include:
- Policies and procedures relating to Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards,
- An overview of case law,
- The role of the Managing Authority and Supervisory body;
- Assessment and authorisation processes;
- Application of conditions;
- Challenging, and the role of the IMCA during the assessment process.