Attendance at the training will assume prior knowledge of the Care Act either through previous training or undertaking Care Act case work.
Care Act refresher will an opportunity to revisit:
- Key changes introduced by the Care Act
- Who is eligible to receive advocacy support
- The advocacy role within assessment, care and support planning, review and safe guarding processes
- The practicalities of delivering the services (including supporting carers, young people in transition, people with fluctuating capacity)
- How the role interacts with IMCA and IMHA
In addition we will explore what your experience of the Care Act has been to date including:
- How come Care Act advocacy referrals are so low, given that this is a new statutory duty for which there was funding?
- How should an advocate conduct an assertive, polite, professional challenge to the legitimacy of a council’s practice or procedure?
- Scenarios for illustrating what a little bit of legal knowledge, applied at the right time, can achieve for vulnerable people