The Care Act
This training aims to support people who wish to learn more about the advocacy role and to prepare advocates who will be delivering advocacy under the Care Act.
This 2 day course will cover:
- Key changes introduced by the Care Act
- Who is eligible to receive advocacy support
- The advocacy role within assessment, care and support planning, review and safe guarding processes
- The practicalities of delivering the services (including supporting carers, young people in transition, people with fluctuating capacity)
- How the role interacts with IMCA and IMHA