Level 3 Certificate in Independent Advocacy
The Level 3 Certificate in Independent Advocacy is suitable for people who already work as an Independent Advocate, either in a paid or voluntary capacity. Learners can select a combination of units to enable them to gain recognition of their skills in specialist areas, including Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy, Independent Mental Health Advocacy, and Managing Independent Advocacy Services.
This qualification is made up of 4 mandatory level 3 units:
- Purpose and principles of independent advocacy
- Providing independent advocacy support
- Maintaining the independent advocacy relationship
- Understand the social context of independent advocacy
Learners then select one unit at level 4, depending on their specialism:
- Providing Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy
- Providing Independent Mental Health Advocacy
- Managing Independent Advocacy Services
- Providing Independent Advocacy to Adults
- Providing Independent Advocacy to children and young people
This qualification assesses both a learner’s knowledge and their competence. Learners must be observed by their assessor and/or an expert witness in a real work situation to provide evidence of their competence. The learner will also provide a combination of other types of evidence, with the guidance of the assessor.
What do we offer?
Cloverleaf Connect has a dedicated team of experienced advocates, trainers and assessors to support you. We provide:
- registration with City and Guilds
- the support of an assessor and assessment
- peer support groups
- support with portfolio development
- access to an e-portfolio system
- accreditation and certification with City and Guilds.
There are a range of units and modules to suit particular roles and specialisms. Details of modules and units are available at the City and Guilds website.
For more information, contact us