Carers Count - Kirklees and Selby
Carers Count can support any adult in Kirklees who gives (or has given) time and energy, without being paid, to look after an adult family member or friend who can not manage on their own.
Cloverleaf delivers the Carers Count service in Kirklees, working in partnership with Age UK Calderdale and Kirklees, Mencap in Kirklees and Volunteering Kirklees.
Carers Count recognises that being a carer can impact on your-day-to-day life significantly, including emotionally (it can be both rewarding and isolating), financially (you may be unable to work) and physically (your own health can suffer as a result).
Carers Count has been set up to promote the wellbeing of carers, so they can continue in their caring role and have a life of their own, by;
Providing quality advice and information
Running groups, activities and sessions.
Providing support and helping carers to support each other.
Helping carers have a voice and be heard through the advocacy service and the Carers Network.
Helping to raise awareness of carers rights and issues to the wider public.
From 1st April 2019 Carers Count has expanded it's provision to include a specialist support service for carers of people with mental health needs and/or drug/alcohol dependency. The service;
- Runs groups where carers can meet others with similar experiences
- Provides carer breaks to support the person being cared for (including people with an early dianosis of dementia) to provide a regular break.
- Provides 1:1 support for carers to talk about how they are feeling, or to access support and information to help them as a carer.
The Carers Count service in Selby also works to support carers by providing:
- Home Visits
- Carers Assessments
- Signposting to relevant organisation for practical and financial advice
- Emotional Support
- Social groups and activities
- Regular newsletters
- Carers-related benefits advice
- Support to carers aged 17 to 18 to ensure they have support through the transitional period and ensure they are aware of support available.