What is Care Act Advocacy?
The Care Act 2014 places a duty on local authorities to refer anyone undergoing a social care assessment or review that has substantial difficulty in understanding the process and no appropriate individual to represent them, to a Care Act Advocate.
What will a Care Act Advocate do?
A Care Act Advocate will support you to be involved in the assessment or review process, representing your rights, views, wishes and feelings by helping you to:
- understand the assessment or review process
- participate in the process ensuring your rights are protected and your wishes, views and feelings are heard
- identify any alternative options
- promote your own wellbeing
- prevent and delay the need for care and support
- take control of your life so that you can pursue opportunities to realise your potential
- ensure the assessment or review process follows the Care Act.
Cloverleaf offers Care Act advocacy in the following areas:
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- North East Lincolnshire
- North Lincolnshire
- North Yorkshire