Care Act Advocacy Training
Please note if you are NOT an Advocate day 1 will cover basic introduction to advocacy.
Advocates delivering advocacy under the Care Act are expected to complete 2 days.
If you have had previous Care Act training please check with your line manager if you should be attending.
This training aims to support people who wish to learn more about the new advocacy role and to prepare advocates who will be delivering advocacy under the Care Act. This 2 day course will cover:
• Key changes introduced by the Care Act
• Who is eligible to receive advocacy support
• The advocacy role within assessment, care and support planning, review and safe guarding processes
• The practicalities of delivering the services (including supporting carers, young people in transition, people with fluctuating capacity)
• How the role interacts with IMCA and IMHA
General Admission £225.00