What is advocacy for people with physical or sensory impairment?
An advocate can support people with a physical or sensory impairment to have their views heard about the support and care they receive.
Advocates offer support with issues such as:
- Community care assessments and reviews.
- Help to understand how community care works.
- Making a complaint to health and social care services.
- Decisions about moving into or out of residential care.
- Meetings with professionals.
- Accessing information about your disability or condition.